Saturday, March 3, 2007

ooh and aww

well, today was a day of travel. not much happened. thanks for waking up early eric to take me to the port to set me off on my grand trip. anyways, after choosing not to stop and eat (which i would later regret) we went straight to the port, got there bout 1 hr afore my plane was to leave, which left me time enough to check in (only one carry-on which i would recommend is the best way to travel) and get scanned, and find my terminal, alllll the way on the other side of the place, and still have time to sit down and read a chapter or so in the voyage of the dawn treader.

anyways, i think i had the only seat on the plane that was not filled, or that is how it felt anyways...maybe i wasnt ready for the convo, to early, not awake enough...but it was nice...didnt have to do any of the cordial how-do-you-do's...even though they can be nice at times.

we pull up to the runway and then we make u turn...i'm thinkin we forgot something, but then the captain informs us that we are going to be delayed because there was fog in salt lake city. we ended up being delayed an hour or so...but i was able to catch my connecting flight. granted i didnt have the 1-2 hr layover i thought i would have, nor was i able to do much other than get off one plane, and go to the other one. sat in the back next to some people from durango. no food other than snacks. bummer.

blasted...get to the good part i say...
if i try and talk about it, it just looses its goodness. but i found myself talking about it anyways, and yet, it lost it's flavor...i guess to all but me. flying into salt lake city was absolutely beautiful. yes, i couldnt help but think that i was in the mormon capital of the world (i know a bad stereotype, but i couldnt help myself). i also kept thinkin google earth or google maps... [you know this would be where i would insert an 'anyways' but i seem to use 'anyways' and 'well' and my famous '...' all to often so i shant here] absolutely amazing. mountains, plain, lake, mountains coming out of the lake, snow, mountains covered in whiteness...b.e.a.utiful. fly in there if you get a chance. driving doesnt do it justice.

No comments: